Friday

BEETLE MANIA CONTINUES...

my friend lislie has been feeling inspired by beetles too and after seeing my print recommended phermone by christopher marley. i completely fell in love with the rainbow beetle layouts below - i emailed his studio to ask if i could do something similar - i hope they don't mind 'cause i did it already.

i mentioned earlier that my brother was an entomology major. at one point in my stellar scholastic career i dropped out of parsons and started attending the university of maryand for painting. i took an entomology class with my brother and ended up chasing bugs around in high heels for a semester. i remember being in my car and pulling a tick off of my head and putting it in a container of formaldehyde. while driving. here's the new beetle print i did based on the above concept. in the big version they're 8" tall - no idea how it'll look.

No comments:

Post a Comment