Saturday

MAASAI BEADING

My starting point for Spring was Maasai jewelry. Although it's often very colorful I was drawn to the pieces that are mostly white. White symbolizes peace and purity for the Maasai, who live in East Africa. 


I bought these 2 traditional Maasai chokers from e-bay. They were both worn by a single woman for over a decade.



Ugh they're just so gorgeous aren't they? How matte they are, the hits of primary color, and I love the use of black on the first one. Here's my Maasai inspired pieces:

10 comments:

  1. You'll trash T Lo but then you use one of their screencaps to promote yourself. You're a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jesus, ok i shall pull my own screencap today. oh actually i think i have another photo of it pls hold

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, ok....back to design. BEAUTIFUL beadwork. I love the inspiration, and the incredible integration into your clothes. (Why haven't I found anything like that on ebay?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks!!! ebay has everything! 200 beetle wings for $10 for example!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I have a vintage beaded African necklace that I have to show you for inspiration. I wore it to your first fashion show but I was really fat, I mean pregnant, so you may not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I have a vintage beaded African necklace that I have to show you for inspiration. I wore it to your first fashion show but I was really fat, I mean pregnant, so you may not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, ok....back to design. BEAUTIFUL beadwork. I love the inspiration, and the incredible integration into your clothes. (Why haven't I found anything like that on ebay?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Where did you get the beading done?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sant Ritz's charming address offers a world of opportunities for your little ones in the future.the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete