Tuesday

FALL 2012 MOODY BOARD

I'm obsessed with Tumblr. I can't believe how easy it is to find inspiring images for mood boards. We used to go to the magazine store and buy as much as we could carry - like $500 worth of stuff. Then we'd spend days flipping past ads and tearing out the same old crap. It was a wasteful and boring process.

It sneaks up on you - exaggerating like a senior citizen. It's like telling kids, "I knew you when you were this big!" You never think you're gonna be a cliche old person - and then one day you are. I'm making it like magazines were the quaint notion of a bygone era. They will be though!

Anyway I put these Fall 2012 mood boards together mostly from Tumblr images. I was especially inspired by:
http://rollthedrumss.tumblr.com
http://sophiehay.tumblr.com
http://diamond-meadows.tumblr.com

I'm craving a complete departure from last season - no bright colors or short skirts. I feel like listening to Morrissey, dying my hair purple, and sketching dead animals. Who's old now? I'm me at 15. Thinking of calling it DEATH BY DROWNING.






Source for images can be found on my Tumblr www.leilashams.tumblr.com


8 comments:

  1. I think you should do an octopus print, complete with tentacles. I would wear it as a metaphor of my love life, or lack thereof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Searching for images is so easy now. Hundreds of dollars spent at OPR and Japanese news stands. I wonder how marker companies like Prismacolor are doing. Used to have to print out sketches and color them by hand. Want a copy? Wait a second while I color that for you....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes mamma $ham$! lavender grey black tie dye???? maxi's?????

    joy division baby!

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. rose prints too??? oh my! can't wait for this shizzz gurll!

    PM your addy i'll send you some earrings to kick start the new themes!

    ReplyDelete