Tuesday

THE GREAT TREND DROUGHT OF 2011

We are in the midst of a SEVERE trend drought the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 90s. When I was an infant.

First I thought it was just me. I don't necessarily get out as much as normal people. But I still do a lot of socializing. When I'm not on OKCupid instant messaging with a gorgeous, successful man you can find me on Tumblr questioning my decision to follow a 15 year old cutter with rainbow hair (if I stop following her will she hurt herself more?) You should really see the hair on Tumblr though, it's amazing. Here, I'll show you.


Fuckin nuts. And the manicures they come up with - beyond. Those are the trends - colorful hair, over the top nails and glittery shoes. But no clothes. Who wants another pair of skinny jeans or leggings? Hard to get excited about a maxi dress, mini dress, one shoulder or body con dress. I blame Prada and Gucci and the rest of those assholes. They've been pushing hideous colorblocking for a whole year. And the worst part is they're still sitting pretty selling handbags to old ladies while the 99% of the fashion world suffer.

The biggest victims are outfit bloggers and the girls that love them. Going to some sites now is like going to a strip club where all the girls are wearing Snuggies. Disappointing and unattractive. Thank god for Man Repeller, who is now on top. In times like these you need a sense of humor to survive.

Look at Rumi of Fashiontoast. She pretty much invented the brown ombre hair/tiny cut off shorts/ sexy boho thing. Everyone copied her look. Now her site is ground zero for the trend drought. Here's most of her outfits from the last 3 months.


I don't know what's worse, the repetitive sweater/skirt combo or the pants. Yes I do. The pants. No one with her body should hit the town in slacks. It's just wrong.

Luckily I have a solution. Wear my clothes. They never go out of style because they were never in style. Perhaps I should start a charity. I'm already unintentionally running a not-for-profit. Rumi, call me. Two words: cat! tee!

.

8 comments:

  1. ha ha "not for profit" love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove Rumi Neely/Fashiontoast! I've always wanted ombre hair, but I think it's impossible for me to pull off! Love your blog, great post!

    diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so Leila how did the Ombre hair color inspire you is my question? Are you rebelling the likes of Gucci & Prada?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow hair. ManRepeller is hilarious!

    Christie

    http://www.darkbluestripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women like to style, color, or put their hair into all kinds of treatment. Over time this can take a toll on those locks which eventually can cause them to brittle, dry out and eventually fall. See here, http://www.HAIRandlaserclinic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the hair and nail trend and we are working with Hair Flairs wicked stuff xx
    www.rawfashionmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leila, I'm not trying to be demanding and I'm sure you are very busy , but could you please get back to blogging a little? You are sooooo f king hilarious and awesome and I totally miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete